Thursday, December 8, 2016

When you worked really hard to get something?

        It is said that hard work is key to success. One cannot succeed in anything without hard work and struggle. Everyone in life works really hard to get what you actually want. I have also worked hard to be a good football player. I always wanted to be the best player in my football team. I always wanted to play football on district and province level.
     It was the June of 2009.We were busy in playing football, suddenly a man named Sami Baloch (Official member of DFA) shouted,” Hey! Guys come here.” We stopped our play and went to him. He asked who wants to become a big football player. Everyone shouted me! Me! He continued if you really want to become a big football player than I’ll arrange a match for you. Anyone who scores more number of goals or gives outstanding performance he would get a chance for representing District Football Association (DFA)’s Team. Like other players I was just stunned after hearing this. It was the dream I ever aimed for. I knew this is big opportunity to change my dream into reality.
    I made my determination that I have to make my selection in DFA’s team. I started working so much hard, I had never did before. I made my routine eat, sleep and football. I took 7 days leave from my school. I started to get up early in the morning and went to ground for practicing. Daily I practiced free-kicks, penalty kicks, and dribbling there. I often practiced my skills in backyard of my home at night. I didn’t wanted to keep football away from feet for a second. I continuously practiced for 6-7 at stretches. Till 7 days I didn’t change my football kits and shoes thinking that this is waste of time. I was so busy with football that many of my friends, even family members, thought I have become mad. But it didn’t stopped me from working hard and continued playing with my ball as much as I could.
      Then the day came which made me to cut off my real life. It was match day. I was curious and excited for the match. At last after a long wait opponent team arrived with Sami Baloch. And then the match started. In the very first minutes I succeeded in marking up my name goal scorers list. I was working very hard and playing so much good to impress a Sami Baloch. After a half time when match continued, just after few minutes my team mate Sana Ullah scored a goal.  For once I thought I’ve lost the opportunity of changing my dream into reality. But in the last minutes of game fortunately I again got the ball and was running quickly towards the opponent’s goal post. Sana Ullah was also running with me. When I reached opponents goal past there were only two men, a goal keeper and Sana Ullah. I easily dodged the goal keeper. Now there were only empty nets, Sana Ullah and me. If I scored, I would have been selected in DFA’s team. But I just passed the ball to him. He looked unbelievingly towards me and just tapped the ball to goal post.
       He got selection in DFA’s team. That was the last match I played. After match he asked me why I did so. I answered you’re better than me. You’ve really worked than me. You can become good football player as compared to me. You really deserved it more than me or other player of our team. Many players said to me Ibrahim you deserved it more, you really worked hard than him. I replied,” May be I deserved it but yeah I really worked very hard. Passing ball to him was very tough and hard. It was like one killing one’s own life but I did it and I’m proud of it.”


[Now Sana Ullah is the main and best striker of Baloch Football Club Noshki playing in Pakistan Premier League.]

No comments:

Post a Comment